Thursday, March 17, 2011

Susie

When I first heard about Susie last spring I cried while I watched the videos of her recovery.  Not just any cry but a sobbing cry.  I wanted to share her story with others but I literally could not speak.   Words would not come out.    I would start to speak and I just felt my breath was taken away.   It took me about two months before I could talk about Susie.  I would take a deep breath and I could feel the tears on my face and I could not look anyone in the face when I talked about this dog.

I remember the exact moment when I was teaching a class and I started to tell Susie's story as an example of animals living in the moment.  No matter the abuse, neglect or the lack of love,  this dog would greet with you with her tail wagging.    This was my  break through of celebrating this dog's life and being able to share her story.  Susie has inspired so many that the NC legislature passed a law that went into effect in December called "Susie's Law."  If you abuse, starve, torture, or neglect an animal in this state you will now be charged with a Class H felony which means jail time.

Come celebrate Susie's life with us this Sunday at our studio.  Another dog Bailey will be here as well.  Bailey was also set on fire and received medical treatment from Susie's Miracle Fund.  This is why we are raising money.  Because we can and there is a need.  If you cannot attend please consider making a donation either here at the studio or online.

Susie's video is below.  It is graphic in the beginning.  But hang on like she did and you will see why she is such a miracle to behold.

Much love and peace,

Lori

1 comment:

  1. I will be there! Thank you for everything you do to help and raise awareness for rescue/shelter/homeless animals. Looking forward to a very meaningful mala this weekend. (One of my companion animals passed away last night, so this mala will be especially meaningful for me.)

    ReplyDelete