Monday, June 6, 2011

20 Things you may not know about Leah Barber




20 Things You May Not Know about Leah Barber
1.        I’m half Brazilian and was the first person on the Brazilian side born in the US. I’m named after the matriarch on the Brazilian side of my family.
2.       I lived in Vancouver, Canada from ages 16-19.  It was awesome. 
3.       Cutting cilantro makes me gag but I will eat it if somebody cuts it for me.
4.       My husband and I eloped and were married at the Hillsborough County Jail. 
5.       I collect and listen to vintage Jamaican vinyl (ska, rocksteady, reggae). 
6.       I’ve been a DJ at WXYC 89.3 for 7 years.  My show is every Sunday from 8-10am.  My call name is DJ Dias and I’m a DJ 4 life. 
7.       I found my calling for teaching 10 years ago while helping a few hundred kids learn how to swim. 
8.       When I was 21, I worked as flight attendant but quit my job on 9/11. 
9.       I was a waitress at Hard Rock Café in Boston when I was 20. 
10.   My first car was a 1969 VW Fastback (a station wagon) and I’ve only owned station wagons since.  They include: 1 VW, 3 Volvos, and now a Saab. 
11.   I went on Phish tour when I was 19.  As a result, I will never eat a cold burrito again. 
12.   When I was 8 years old, I was an extra in Pagliacci and a leopard in The Magic Flute (they are both operas).
13.   My dad and step-mom took me on a Paul McCartney tour when I was 11.  We followed his band through 4 states
14.   On my mom’s side, I’m the youngest sibling by 8 years.  On my dad’s side, I’m the oldest sibling by 8 years.
15.   My friend Elena and I have been best friends for 25 years.  We even know our anniversary and celebrate it every year. 
16.   When I was growing up, I lived in Tulsa with my mom during the school year and in Chapel Hill with my dad in the summer.
17.    I started flying by myself when I was 6 years old (see #16)
18.   I have an extra body part but I will not reveal that body part on this list. 
19.   I taught myself how to quilt and made 2 quilts. I gave the 1st one to my older sister.  If I had more time, I would sew every day.  
20. Ever since we met, my husband and I take the same vacation every 2 years to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.      

No comments:

Post a Comment