Sunday, June 19, 2011

20 Things you may not know about Jacqueline Solis





I am a librarian at UNC.

I grew up in Idaho surrounded by lots of fields of corn and alfalfa, and lots of cows.

My family didn’t actually have any cows, but sometimes the neighbor’s cows would get into our yard.

I was a member of the Boise Dance Collection, a pre-professional dance company, in high school. We did ballet and jazz performances all around the Boise area.

I have been trying to learn Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (the language formerly known as Serbo-Croatian) since 2007.

I have also experimented with learning Bulgarian, Turkish, Romanian, Italian, German and Latin. 

I actually did learn French and Spanish.

I lived in Mexico City in 1993. While I was there I made a money selling cassettes at music markets.

I loved doing laundry in the concrete sinks on the 5th story roof of my apartment there.

I rescued two dogs while I was in Mexico – one an injured German Shepherd mix, and one a little girl puppy left out for the trash.

With the exception of Mexico, I have always lived in the western US and I never dreamed that I would live in North Carolina.

My cat’s name is Miran, which means calm in Croatian. It turned out to be an ironic name.

Miran obsessively plays fetch with rubber chew toys.

I am a Detroit Red Wings fan and a fan of hockey in general.

I talk to my sister in Idaho almost every day.

I have been to Bulgaria five times.

I am always hungry and I think about food way too often.

I love grocery shopping and always buy too much food.

Sunlight is very important for my mental health. I have a tattoo of an ouroboros within rays of the sun to signify eternal sunshine.

My favorite yoga pose is utthita trikonasasa. Or maybe paschimottanasana.

No comments:

Post a Comment