Monday, May 9, 2011

20 Things you Didn't know about Mike Lyons


I was born in England and my family immigrated to the states when I was 4.

I grew up on a 100 acre farm in upstate NY - we raised all our own beef, 
pork, chickens and veggies and heated w/wood.

I owned horses and use to ride all the time.

I was voted shortest kid to leave my elementary school.

I was suspended in 4th grade for saying bullshit to one of my teachers.

My nickname at the local ski resort when I was a kid was "hotdog"

My first job was selling racing forms at the local horse racing track.

I had a crush on my summer camp counselor and 4th grade teacher.

My first girlfriend was 16, I was 12.

I ran the Boston marathon in 1986.

While living in Boston and going to college I played trumpet in a number 
of Salsa bands.

I use to have hair down to my butt.

I spend a lot of time on my own.

I use to own/run my own business - Mountain Goat Adventures - A climbing 
and backpacking guide business in New England.

I love to work in my garden.

I've thought about becoming an interior/exterior decorator.

I've worked in restaurants (cleaning, cooking, waiting tables) ever 
since I was 12.

In the last 15 years I've owned 15 different cars.

I followed the Grateful Dead around for many years.

My parents are my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment