Monday, May 30, 2011

20 Things you may not know about Lori Burgwyn

1.I changed my major in college my junior year from poli sci to journalism.

2.In 11th grade to pay for a phone bill, I had a yard sale and sold my family's clothes that they didn't wear.  They were away for the weekend.  I sold the stuff they never wore - I found out later it was their "Sunday Best."

3.In 4th grade, I won a competition of looking up words in the dictionary faster than anyone else.

4.I got my drivers license when I was 24.

5.I went to my first Junior/Senior prom when I was in 8th grade.

6.I have a scar on my face from a spider bite.

7.My favorite vampire is Louis from the Anne Rice novels.

8.I cry at movie trailers.

9.My first pony was named Tarzan.

10.I get sea sick on elevators.

11.I was a contestant in the Miss NC pageant in 1983 and 1986.

12.I will throw up if I wash a pot that had cooked corn or peas in it.

13.I have seen the Goo Goo Dolls in concert 20 times.

14.My husband lived one block away from me when we were growing up in Roanoke Rapids.  I met him
when I was 35.

15.I was allergic to my wedding bouquet.  Black lillies and hydrangea.

16.When I was 8, I was cleaning out a horse stall and a barn door fell on me and I was knocked out.

17.In 1998, I was selected as one of Philadelphia's most eligible singles by Philadelphia Magazine.

18.Bono is my inspiration for service to the world.

19.My sister and I have an identical freckle on our right thigh.  She is 9 years younger.

20.I have a collection of over 100 silver spoons from all over the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment