Tuesday, August 13, 2013

We love our teachers!!!





Paige Zinn

What is the best part about teaching at Franklin Street Yoga Center?
I love the FSYC’s community of people.  This special place is created by the people who come to share their practice with others.

How have your students inspired you in your life?
I am constantly reminded that yoga is really about just showing up on your mat.  And since I teach at 6:30 am, the people who show up are incredibly committed and vested in their practice.  I’ve seen many of my students transform physically.  But the most rewarding thing to watch is how their minds become more and more open to the other limbs of yoga, particularly meditation.  They remind me to keep committed to my practice and remain open to change. 

Other than teaching how does yoga fit into your life?
My life outside of teaching yoga tends to be a bit over-scheduled, over-committed and a bit frantic.  I multitask most moments of my life and enjoy the adrenalin rush of managing people and large projects.  There have been many times in the past 10 years when I had to stop my asana practice due to my schedule or life circumstances.  And this is when the true teaching has happened for me.  I’ve learned that yoga isn’t my asana practice or my meditative practice.  It’s how I treat others.  It’s how I make others feel in my presence.  It’s how I impact the community of people in my life on a daily basis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment