Tuesday, August 20, 2013

We love our teachers!!!


Nathan Logan



The best part of teaching at Franklin Street Yoga Center is the community. Plain and simple it's just an amazing part of what we all get to experience. Being part of the community is such a blessing in my life, and to be able now to teach to this same community of friends and enjoy the bond of friendship as they accept me as a teacher is such a wonderful part of my yoga. The community that is Franklin Street Yoga Center is so giving and forgiving, so many different personalities and levels of yoga practice, it makes for a well rounded learning center for all of us with yoga, health and well-being at it's core. 

My students have inspired me in many ways, encouraging me to be my best, all around, not just teaching. But then on a teaching level they challenge me to do them right and keep it fun, teaching creative and challenging classes that they will want to come back to. I was lucky enough to sub for Linda on Sunday's for her maternity leave this summer and announcing her return and the support of that, today I had a couple that has come regularly to my Sunday class now, and they came over and thanked me for having this summer together, and that just meant a lot, not only their returning practice, but their vocalization of their thanks makes me truly grateful that I worked to do my best and had some in this community that saw my work and growth and hopefully were thanking me because they got some of their health benefits from taking my yoga class this summer. Very grateful for the whole opportunity and experience to grow. 

Yoga is the central part of my healthy living and lifestyle. Without yoga I would not feel as good as I do. It has helped to cure many of the small physical ailments which my body has slowly acquired, as well as calm my mind and learn to slow things down breath and move easier throughout this beautiful world. My new found flexibility and strength helps me live life more comfortably. All of this I attribute to my weekly, sometimes daily yoga practice. I feel better every time. I am so grateful for the last three years of yoga in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment