Thursday, August 22, 2013

We love our teachers!!!

Dani Strauss

What is the best part about teaching at FSYC?
I am continuously inspired and uplifted by the energy and pulse of the studio, and this is a creation of every person that walks through our doors. It is a total joy to teach in a space where the yogis feel safe to breathe and move and explore in their own way because we are there to hold each other up. Our community is a web of support, and I am honored to witness the compassion and respect that our students and teachers have for each other.

How have your students inspired you in your life?
My students have inspired me to be bold and fearless. They open their hearts and minds and explore poses and ideas that are new and challenging in each class, and I am constantly in awe of their bravery and willingness to offer their full attention to the moment at hand. The line between effort and ease that I see my students navigate through the practice reminds me that internal balance and taking time to pause is so important, and their commitment to this path inspires me to rededicate myself again and again to yoga as a way of life.

Other than teaching how does yoga fit in to your life?
The practice of yoga grounds and steadies me each time I feel scattered or unsure. It helps me trust my intuition and make decisions that are in line with my core values. My daily practice of asana and chanting reminds me that each moment is sacred, and that there is always more space to explore and open to the beauty of what surrounds me on this earth. My relationships are enriched in every capacity by my practice. Yoga offers me the tools to live a life of purpose and integrity, and to channel the energy that flows through me in the most positive ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment