Monday, August 19, 2013

We love our teachers!!!

Leah Barber
What is the best part about teaching at FSYC?
Hands down, the best part about teaching at FSYC is the community.  I felt the community from the very first class I took here.  I was challenged by the teacher to live up to my fullest potential while on my mat and in our community and I that feeling comes with every class I take and teach.  I love seeing familiar faces, but I especially love when there is a brand new student to FSYC in my class.  I want them to feel the community that I felt when I first came here.  I want them to come back and feel that comfort each and every time they practice.  
How have your students inspired you in your life?  
My students have inspired me to be a better listener.  I am inspired when I see students listening to their bodies by taking rests when they need it, rather than worrying about how they look on their mat and trying to compete with other students.  As a yoga student, listening is hard because there is so much to juggle as you have to hear the teacher and your inner dialogue at the same time.  I am inspired when I see students truly listening to what their body is asking for.  I am inspired by the power of my own words when I say one little thing to help students adjust their alignment and everybody listens.    
Other than teaching, how does yoga fit into your life?  
Yoga has fit into my life as a balance.  It has helped me balance my energy and time as I need yoga to help me stay focused on the many activities that fill my days.  When I am not practicing yoga, my energy becomes scattered and sometimes negative.  All I need is a good asana and pranayama to help balance that out.   Yoga balances my time by helping me focus and be purposeful.  If I don't take time for my practice then my time management suffers.  I feel like my best ideas for work and life come right after savasana.  

No comments:

Post a Comment