Thursday, August 29, 2013

We love our teachers!!!

Patrick Shannon

What is the best part about teaching at FSYC?

The best part about teaching yoga at Franklin Street YC is the opportunity to witness the palpable shift in energy when we breathe as one. Our community is so present and committed that the breath becomes a power in and of itself.  You can feel it in the air!!  There is nothing better than being in a room that is charged with life and vitality.  To be a guide in this space is beyond inspirational. 


How have your students inspired you in your life?

The FSYC students show up. Always. No matter how rough of a day, week, or year they are having, they find a way to get on the mat.  The students inspire me daily to do my work so the practice can do it's work.  Their commitment has helped me realize that yoga can offer space to process and breathe no matter what you are going through or where you are in life.


Other than teaching, how does yoga fit into your life?

Yoga has taught me how to pause before reacting and this one skill has changed my life.  The physical practice, the breath work, and the support I get from the FSYC yogis are all pieces of the puzzle that help me enjoy my life and be the person I want to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment