Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We love our teachers!!

Linda Yu


What is the best part about teaching at FSYC?
I love being part of this vibrant community, both committed to power yoga and committed to being of service to others.  FSYC is really a unique place with an amazing energy.  

How have your students inspired you in your life?
They show up on their mat, which I think is the hardest part of yoga!  My students have carved out time to take care of themselves and to be open to the experience.  Their strength and commitment to the practice is awesome, and the transformation that I witness is truly extraordinary.    

Other than teaching how does yoga fit in to your life?
Oh my goodness, where do I even start?   For me, yoga used to be about the physical accomplishments and superficial benefits.  As time has gone by, I've realized that yoga doesn't end when you say 'Namaste' and roll up your mat.  Yoga teaches me to be more aware, authentic, and accepting in this moment.   It teaches me humility, as well as compassion for myself and for others.  And it teaches me the incredible power of breath!  

No comments:

Post a Comment